welcome

I hope you like my blog.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Saturday with dad and True Grit

Hello followers today I will be talking about, True Grit. First of all when I found out that this was a book I got the book because I like to read the book before the movie, I don't know thats just how I am. Ok so the book was really good so I'v been excited to see this movie, and me and my dad both wanted to see it really badly so we finally got to see it and lets just say it deserved a lot of Oscars. Ok so for those of you that don't know what this is about I'll tell you. True Grit is about a 14 year old girl named Mattie Ross who goes to Fort Smith Arkansas after the death of her father by a man they hired to help them with their business. So Mattie avenges her fathers death by chasing after the the killer hoping to kill him like her killed her dad with two U.S. Marshals by her side. Ok first of all I loved this film and the book! Just to let everyone know this is a remake from the 1969 classic starring John Wayne. And they have to have someone to play Rooster Cogburn who is also as great of an actor as John wayne is. So they get Academy Award winner Jeff Bridges! Ok so now I'll tell you who played who. Ok Jeff Bridges plays Rooster Cogburn, Josh Brolin plays Tom Chaney. Matt Damon plays Laboef, Hailee Steinfeld plays Mattie Ross. So I also wanted to see this movie very badly because all the people up there except for Hailee Steinfeld I know and love. But I was so happy because I wasn't so sure that she was going to do a good job but she did an amazing job! Ok so I think you should at least be 9 to see this movie because its not scary at all theres only like 3 scenes with blood and well its an american master peace. But I still can't believe they didn't get a oscar because I really think they should of. So go now and buy your tickets because trust me you wont be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

I am a 15 year old boy that wants to share my beliefs & thoughts of the world with others.